Saturday, September 28, 2013

Birdy

Birdy - Skinny Love

"Come on skinny love just last the year, pour a little salt we were never here"


Birdy shines with this Bon Iver cover. Skinny Love is one of the greatest and saddest songs I have ever heard. Bon's pain is as brilliant as Birdy's cover of this remarkable spin. I saw when you posted this and I knew it was over. Like a red flag I saw the sign of the demise of that post. No one posts this unless they are hurting and feel the end is near. Skinny Love has become a musical sign post for those of us capable of reading the sign. It's amazing how this one song speaks of our pain, our loss and our need to go on. I can't think of another spin that has become a cultural road marker like this one. It's sad but sometimes it's ok to just love the perfect pain of Skinny Love? Sing it Birdy. It's beautiful.