Monday, November 18, 2013

Radical Face

Radical Face - Chains

"I'm glad you were my friend but I will never see you again"

I absolutely love Radical Face. If you're following me here on My Noise Spinning then you may have some inclination as to my complete adoration with the talent of Ben Cooper and his personal journey with Radical Face. Go here to listen to some of the past spins that have been posted to get a real feel as to the incredible talent showcased today. I knew I was going to just love this second installment of The Family Tree: The Branches and I do. I so very much do. It's as emotional as I was hoping it would be. It is filled with enchanting moments of deep loss, of great love and of absolute hope. It has affected me very personally. I am so completely moved by every spin on this EP that I find myself breathless after listening to the whole thing. Then with a deep inhale I hit repeat again and again. The fact that one man has put this all together from the song writing, to playing all the instruments and singing all the vocals, is so very impressive to me. The Branches is an evolution of maturity from the first installment The Roots that I have to ask what is the final installation, The Relatives, going to be like. Here we have Chains, which is just one of twelve stories put to music and verse, with its deep sense of loss that just breaks my little heart. This is raw talent and Mr Cooper I thank you for sharing.